Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Today's Post Brought to You By...

the letter "F". Can you tell we watch Sesame Street every day? However, many of this week's activities begin with the letter "F".

Fireworks
We started a new tradition with my parents to go see the fireworks put on by our local city. We found a great place to watch them. The spot was so good that we could even hear the concert (very clearly, I might add) that preceeded the fireworks. This was great because it included some of our favorite local bands: Peter Breinholt and Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband. Laura and Jason danced to the music as Jason and I sang along.
Laura loved being able to stay up late to watch the fireworks. We had to awaken her from Daddy's lap to watch the fireworks. Then she was really awake. She loved the discussion about which fireworks were her favorites: the pink ones and the waterfall ones. She fell asleep 3 minutes after we were in the car, but has played "fireworks" now for days. The display was remarkably good and lasted a full half hour. It was grand fun!
We are excited to get to do this tradition again next year. Though, the next time we will bring lighter chairs and Sara probably won't sleep through the whole thing in her car seat.

Friends
Laura made a new friend in our new ward: Dade. He is just her age and is the son of an old college acquaintance of mine, Brittany who I am looking forward to becoming better friends with now. She loved riding in his car when we were over looking at the progress on the house. She even drove and was a totally scary driver.

Full Fat Face
One of my favorite looks that Sara has these days is her Triple F: the Full Fat Face. This is the face of "stuffed" that she gets after eating. It is so darling.

Female Friends
I got to spend some good time with my female friends this week as well. Alas, I did not take any pictures of these events. We had the semi-monthly girls night with the ladies from the old neighborhood. It was wonderful to catch up with some that I don't talk with as regularly.

I also attended Book Group for my new Relief Society. I met some neat women there (including Brittany) and hope to get to know them better as time goes on.

Finally, I am going to dinner tonight with some of my favorite female friends: the Andrea's. I love these ladies! Here is a picture of us going to dinner with Karyn (who unfortunately is out of town tonight) last month.

Flowers
Laura presented me with the most amazing drawing that she did all by herself. Isn't this picture of the flower to Mom from Laura just adorable?!
Also, Laura was VERY excited for the darling flower hair clips sent to her and Sara as a baby gift by my talented friends, Steph. She made sure that both she and Sara wore them yesterday and talked to Sara all about them. Aren't they darling?!

1 comment:

  1. Love the post. We could hear the fireworks in our neighborhood and was trying to figure out what the kids were doing to create such a ruckus - funny. Also, I met Brittney and Dade one day at the play group park. We got there (early I guess) and were the only ones, so I talked with Brittney and Ashton played with Dade. Weird!! Loved dinner last night. It was good to be with you!!!

    ReplyDelete