Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Murphy's Law: Alive and Well

Why does it always snow here more the week Jason is gone than any other week of the year? (I am pretty sure we have gotten at least a foot of snow in the past 48 hours)? Why is at least one member of the family sick this same week each year? (Sara has let me know that the runs are miserable by crying in several hour long stints)
My sanity and physical well being are surviving quite well all things considered. But, I can't quite say the same for the house and the driveway. Sara said that plowing it 3 times in 2 days was enough and that I should wait until morning to plow again. I agree with her. Don't you?
My salvation has been help from my awesome folks, phone calls from my friends, a good book, tv dinners, a snow plow, and, most of all, my angel girl, Laura. She is truly the coolest 5 year old in existence!
And, I'm sure glad Jason only travels rarely! We miss you, honey!

7 comments:

  1. MoMMy I Loved pLayIng In th snoe wIth you and I Loved stayIng up wIth you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet, sweet Laura! What a wonderful and big girl you are for your Mommy. We all love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Melinda, if you need any help while Jason is gone let me know. I am happy to assist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay. I have to leave a comment about a comment. Look at Laura type! I am really impressed! You super mommy! What a great way to get her to read and write, but she still does need to learn to write with a pencil and paper! :) At least you have a snow blower. I shoveled twice the old fashioned way. I am glad that the snow has stopped so that I can fly away tomorrow! You WILL survive until Jason gets home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like someone is in need of a Girls' Night! When does Jason come home? I have dance tomorrow, but... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura is the cutest and sweetest little girl in the entire world! We're so lucky to have her.

    It's amazing to finally be home and, AMEN it's a good thing I don't travel very often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy to see our little family happily back together again! Laura, I am glad you were such a good little helper for Mom while Dad was gone! Good job!

    ReplyDelete