Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sister Adoration

Warning: this post is really just an excuse to post pictures of my kids who I think are adorable!
Sara has finally gotten old enough that she and Laura have become fast friends. They are always playing and hanging out together.
Sara worships Laura. Fortunately, Laura is the sweetest girl ever and includes Sara in everything while being tirelessly patient.
I find them all over the house together imagining, playing, and just being wonderful silly sisters.
These girls are the greatest blessing in my life. I am so grateful for the choice Jason and I made to follow the prophet and have me stay home each day with my girls. Look what I get to participate in every day! The blessings for following this commandment are immeasurable compared to the few sacrifices we make...God is Great!

6 comments:

  1. Our girls are the cutest little things on the planet. And we really have been blessed in SOOO many ways for the decision to keep Melinda at home raising our beautiful, brilliant little girls. I wouldn't trade the reassurance of knowing my girls are being raised by the best mommy in the entire world for anything! Way to go, Babes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are the sweetest pictures! I can't wait until my boys can play together like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are such sweet pictures! Sisters are the greatest gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and the tutus are super easy. Not sure if these instructions will make much sense.

    IC's tutu was: Elastic the size for the waist and sewn into a circle or tube. Take tule or netting cut into strips a little more than double the length you want for the tutu. Fold the strip in half over the elastic and tuck both ends of the strip through the loop. Tighten. Go all the way around the tutu. More strips = fuller.

    AL's tutu was: Netting double the length you want and a about 1 and a half times the width you want. Stack the netting on top of each other, multiple colors or solid colors work great together. Make a casing with a ribbon that is wider than the elastic you want to use, and long enough to leave you room to tie, down the center of the width of the netting. You can make a casing with the ribbon so you can slide in a peice of elastic that will help tighten the tutu around the waist. Sew the ends of the elastic to the ribbon and netting to secure. -OR- Cut the netting the measurement of the child's waist plus maybe an inch for the width and sew a ribbon down the center.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! sisters are so fun, your girls are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete