Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Down & Out

Did I mention that I recently had major surgery?! Oh, yah, I did. After trying for years to figure out exactly what was wrong with me (lots and lots of blood and pain) we finally landed upon severe endometriosis. Being that I am young for this major surgery, I gave it a trial run first with lupron. I was a new woman!! Mind you, I went through some serious emotional torture with the hormone adjustments, but I felt better than I had in nearly a decade.

Realizing the danger of continued lupron, I had a complete hysterectomy on July 22nd. My bladder was scraped of scar and endometrial tissue at the same time, and then lowered 2 inches back into place. Yep, I was seriously messed up!

The recovery was remarkably good for such a massive procedure. Not being able to pick up my kids was torture, but I received so much help! Thank you to all my friends and family who pitched in to make my recovery survivable; phone calls, meals, taking kids, coming over, etc. My Mom and Jason deserve some major thanks for always being there to let me take a nap when I needed it!! Thank you and I love you!!

After a brief setback from a kidney stone that scraped up all the stitches in my bladder, I am feeling AMAZING. Yes, I am still working out the kinks that come with hormone replacement questions. However, I am able to do things that I haven't been able to do since before I was pregnant with Laura. What a blessing!!!

6 comments:

  1. It really is a blessing! After years and years of searching, hopefully we now have an answer. Now we just need to get the hormone replacement stuff figured out. Stupid hormones... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! Here's to a better life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a pleasure to help you out while you were down and out. You do so much for everyone else! Love you Mom/Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I am so sorry! That is frustrating to not be able to figure out why you don't feel well! I hope this continues to help you feel awesome! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad that you will be feeling better for good. It's been a rough while. I think it's awesome that you can do things you weren't able to before. Now you have many more memories to create. Yeah!

    ReplyDelete