Sunday, December 02, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

I started new meds right before Thanksgiving to stop my fainting spells. It has been (and continues to be) a rough transition. So, I don't have many pictures of Thanksgiving. However, I am no longer fainting!

We were super lucky and got to have Thanksgiving with both families this year. It was the year to be with Jason's family, but they couldn't get together until Saturday. So, we spent Thanksgiving day with my folks and Saturday with them - what a TREAT!

The little Thanksgiving was simple and fun. The girls (mostly Laura) helped set the table and Sara made beautiful pipe cleaner napkin holders. (Sara is obsessed with pipe cleaners and beads right now.) We had turkey breast in the crockpot, Alton Brown's Mashed Potatoes, hot rolls, gravy, delicious drinks, and Mom brought stuffing, corn, and raspberry jello salad. For dessert we had leftover pie in jars and key lime pies. It was simple and fun!
Jason's family affair was HUGE. There were so many people and so much food. It was a blast! The girls adored being with their cousins. Jason and I loved catching up with everyone. The food was delicious and the company was wonderful! I am thankful to be a part of that family.

4 comments:

  1. It was super fun having Thanksgiving with both of my sets of grandparents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanksgiving was a true treat this year. Except that I think I gained 10 pounds in 3 days! It was so fun to see both sets of family especially since that is what Thanksgiving is all about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice way to spend Thanksgiving!!! It's great to be able to share with both families!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure love my family and it was great to have everyone over to enjoy Thanksgiving together. Thanks for your post Melinda! Love you!

    ReplyDelete