Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Pregnancy Woes

So, I thought it was supposed to be easier the second time around. It has been much harder. I can't seem to keep ANYTHING down...particularly anything containing a lot of liquid. The medication just doesn't seem to help so much this time. Last time, it helped. This time, it helps on occasion. Therefore, my doctor has taken drastic measures with me and I'm finally feeling a bit better.

I got something called a PICC line put in me yesterday so that I can get IV fluids at home daily. Since I was so dehydrated and I have small veins anyway, the simple procedure was not so simple for me. But, it's done. I'm super bruised and am functioning oddly, but I am doing better. My lips aren't bleeding with every smile, my vomiting has decreased and I seem to have more energy. So, this picture shows the way I hang out for a couple hours in the morning and evening.

Thanks to Jason for picking up SO MUCH slack and being the best nurse a girl could ask for. Thanks to my parents for taking Laura and helping me at the hospital. Thanks to everyone (Jen and kids, Karyn, etc.) that has helped with Laura. And, thanks to my girlfriends for checking up on me constantly. I am one lucky girl!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry it hasn't been better the second time around. Hope you get feeling even better soon!!

    ReplyDelete