Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Long Time, No Post

Where did we go? Disneyland of course!! Do I have that post ready? Of course not!! But here is a bit about our prep for the trip.

With the new (awesome, amazing, fantastic, 5-star) double stroller that we bought because of the increased weight of our kids, we had less room in the trunk of the van. So, we got a GoofBag - oh, I mean a RoofBag. The Roof Bag was AWESOME! We got the pad and duffles (HUGE - we fit all our stuff in only 2 of them) for it and it was amazing. It did not eat into our gas mileage, it did not bounce around or bother us while on the road, no stuff got wet despite heavy rains, it came off our roof and easily fit into our hotel room so we didn't have to drive around CA with it, it takes up almost no space while we store it in the basement, and Jason said it was a breeze to put on the car. Oh, and it wasn't very expensive - especially compared to a hard roof carrier or a trailer hitch carrier.
Also, because I am a paranoid mommy, the girls and I made safety bracelets for them to wear in the park. (After tons of looking, these little number beads were finally found at Hobby Lobby) The bracelets had my cell phone number on them, so in case the girls got lost, whomever found them could just call the number on their bracelet. The girls were great about wearing them at the park, so of course we had no need to use them. But, they relieved my mind and I'm sure we'll keep using them as we take outings!

4 comments:

  1. I love that bracelet idea! I am stealing it for when Carly goes on field trips with preschool. Thanks for posting that(and where to find them)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a FANTASTIC and much needed break. We couldn't have asked for a better vacation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the stroller and the bracelet idea! I can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a smart mommy!

    ReplyDelete