Friday, October 22, 2010

Witches Brew 2010 - The Witches

One of the best part of the Witches Brew Dinner Party I just threw, was seeing all my friends and their creativity in making their own hats. This post is HUGE b/c I had to include a picture of everyone who attended (in reverse alphabetical order) in their fabulous hats!

Tasha! She is incredibly talented with jewelry and bows and has beads and bows on her hat!


Stacy! She works for a scrapbooking company and used scrapbooking supplies to make her adorable hat.


Robin! Her husband's surgery was postponed, so we were thrilled she was able to make it to the bash. Her hat looks just like her house, festive and classy!


Me! I was "bewitchin' in the kitchen'" because I love to cook and feed people. I made my chef-y hat with paper and aluminum foil and embellished my apron.


Linda - my MIL! Doesn't she look just like Glenda the good witch??


Keri - my SIL! Sara died over her purple hat!


Karyn! She won the award for "funniest hat". She was batty because she is in the middle of moving right now. I was so glad she took the time to come in spite of her crazy life right now.


Julie! Her adorable daughters helped her with her hat!


Jen - my SIL! She won the award for the "hat that best represents the person wearing it". She decorated her hat with all live flowers from her amazing gardens!


Garna - my mom! She won the award for the "hat that you wish you could take credit for making". She covered the hat in her old jewelry and just looked like the most fabulous witch ever! She also deserves the "lifesaver" award for all the help and advice and stuff she gave me in making the party come together.


Deborah! She was an "unbeleafable witch" and covered her hat in fall flowers. And, she did all of this 5 months pregnant.


Danyelle! She stitched on the sequined spider a skill that definitely is not one I posess!


Christy! She just finished a bodybuilding competition and was our "sexy witch".


Cheryl! She was one of our creepiest witches with the knife sticking out of her spooky hat.


Andrea M! She came in second place for every award with her fabulous hat. She went all out and it was fantastic.


Andrea B! She looks like the perfect fall witch in her bow-dacious hat. And she saved my life with the soup transfer for the party!

To view more pictures of everyone and the party itself, and for attendees to download, feel free to visit my photoshop site HERE. And, yes, there will be more on the party (decorations, recipes, etc) in a later post.

3 comments:

  1. It was a practically perfect party! Thanks for hosting! You were awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever idea! I love all the different hat personalities. So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome party Melinda! I had a wonderful time and everything was just perfect!

    Are you sure "Martha" wasn't hiding out in the pantry? You must have had a professional party planner helping out somewhere!!

    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete