Monday, April 30, 2007

Hooray and Hallelujah

Congratulations, Jason! I am so proud of my wonderful husband. He graduated this past Friday with his BS in Software Engineering. He definitely proved that he has brains, tenacity and determination.

(Note from Jason: And a huge thanks to my gorgeous wife for making it possible for me to get here. I never would have continued with school has she not been there to support and encourage me through these last few years. Thank you so much for quizing me for tests, helping me with wording on my interfaces, testing them to make sure they made sense, and all the other things you did to help me. I couldn't have done it without you!!!)

He walked that morning in a lovely ceremony of Pomp and Circumstance. Laura would like to let you all know that the speakers were boring, but when everybody walked, it was neat. Though, I think her favorite part was wearing Daddy's mortarboard; it is now a permanent fixture in the dress up box.

I threw a big party for the occasion at our house the next day. We invited both sides of the family (yes, nearly 30 people were there) and had a grand time. It is remarkably easy to do things with both sides of the family since we've all known each other for years. It's always fun to catch up. Thank you to all our family for being so wonderfully supportive!

The weather was beautiful and it was a great chance to get everyone together before we get into the throes of moving/baby/living with parents. Now I suppose it is really time to buckle down and get packing.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Jason!!! Congrats!!!

    And please don't talk about moving, it makes me so sad.

    ReplyDelete