Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

We got to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix yesterday afternoon at a "sneak preview" thanks to our friend Andrea. We didn't have to wait in any lines or show up early. We had reserved seats and it was fabulous! Thanks again.

This is, by far, the best Harry Potter movie to date. They stayed as true to the book as they could (they had to cut a lot out to fit it into a 2 hr. 20 min. run time) and told the story very well. The special effects were amazing and the best to date. The "wizarding duels" are truly quite amazing. It is intense at points, so I'm really glad we left Laura with Grandma Linda (thanks again, mom!).

All the usual characters play their parts exceptionally well as always, but they did a great job casting new characters as well. I thought Helena Bonham Carter did an amazing job playing Bellatrix Lestrange and Evanna Lynch portrays Luna Lovegood exactly as I had imagined her.

I can't wait to see it again!

1 comment:

  1. We loved the movie too. Although some characters weren't quite what I had imagined, I thought they did an excellent job playing the role.

    ReplyDelete