Saturday, July 26, 2008

Crafting with Deb

One of my favorite times is when I get together with my friend Deb and we craft together. Recently we tried our hand at boy-ish binky straps. I think they turned out great!
Then she taught me how to make hair bows for my girls. I'm sure she will post step by step instructions on her Honey Mommy blog soon. And, Steph (the crafting queen) has also posted instructions here. So, I'll be lazy and just post a picture of the finished products. I'm planning on doing more later and my awesome mom is going to be crocheting me some flowers to adorn them with. Yep, my girls will be decked out!
Deb is great for my wallet. I find the beaded binky straps at stores for $10 - $20 each and I think we make them for about $2. I also find the hair clips for $4 - $8 and we make them for less than $1. But, she is even better for my mental state. Thanks for being such an awesome friend, girl!

3 comments:

  1. I need to get in on this - but where would I find the time - I still need to post some blogs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU are good for my mental state! It is nice to get some "girly" crafting in while the kids are distracted.

    I usually end up working on my crafts and blogs when the kids are asleep. It's even nicer to do crafts at your house because then I get to talk to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Melinda....You are amazing! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete