Saturday, January 03, 2009

Christmas

Now that most of the Christmas decorations are down, I guess I have time to post about our Christmas festivities. Christmas morning the girls slept in until 8:15 (weirdos) and then we had a great time unwrapping presents. Sara's favorite was her ride-on bus. Laura's favorite was new board games and her tent. Jason's favorite was either his new watch or suit. My favorite was a new pair of earrings. As always, it was all about the girls.
Jason's folks joined us for our traditional Christmas Morning breakfast. Since the girls got up so late, they even joined us for some unwrapping fun. At this time we gave the folks their surprise stockings.
This year we tried something new for breakfast as inspired by my YW, buttermilk syrup. It was fantastic on Jason's wonderful French Toast. And the girls were adorable in the fairy outfits J's folks gave to them.
That afternoon we went to my parents house for their Christmas Lunch. It was a great time. And, Sara remembered how much she loves Uncle Steve. The kids had so much fun together. Unfortunately, Laura's flower tent was ruined in the crazy kid chaos. But, fortunately, we found another tent (princess this time) at Sears for $15.
That night, J and Danny helped me get set up for the HUGE (27 people) party that I was hosting on the 26th. It all came together well and without much stress. Though I didn't get any of my own pictures of the event. (All pictures here are courtesy of Heidi)
We were able to seat all 27 people comfortably in our great room (yay, it did what we designed it to do) and be all together. My family was only missing the 4 picking up Ben in Japan. And we could have fit them as well. It was great to have both Danny and Dave's family together!

We opened $5 gifts downstairs. And the kids had a blast playing in the kids space room there as well. The house was truly broken in to be the fun gathering place we wanted it to be!
Also, the kids made gingerbread men. It looked like so much fun! All in all, I think the huge party was a success. I know I sure had fun!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so great to have so much family in town for Christmas. Especially the cousins we don't get to see too often. It was a blast having everyone over and I think Melinda did an AMAZING job getting the house ready to host SO many people and to pull it off so flawlessly. Nice work, Babes!!!

    ReplyDelete