Monday, January 05, 2009

Welcome Home Elder Ben!

My nephew returned with honor from his mission in Tokyo, Japan on New Year's Eve. We had a big group of family (26 including the 3 who picked him up over there) come and meet him at the airport (somehow I didn't get a picture of everyone, just most).
It was great to see Ben again. We are so grateful for his example of missionary service. Laura told me how strange it is to not pray for any missionaries from our family; she's been praying for either my folks or Ben since she was only 2 yrs old. What a marvelous thing to have in her life!! Thanks, guys! You can tell Ben was a good missionary by the state of his shoes.
We had a great party to welcome him home at Jordan and Heather's house that night. Their house looked beautiful, the food was yummy, and it was wonderful to hear all Ben's stories. What a great way to ring in the new year! And I have to throw in this adorable picture of Garrett here. Yes, snuggling him while he's sleeping is so yummy!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks again for watching Garrett while we got some work done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that picture of you snuggling Garrett is one of the cutest things I've ever seen! I sure love you and miss you girls terribly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I 2nd Jordan - thanks for all your help. You guys look so cute in that pic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for your family. This is an amazing time when everyone can enjoy the spirit of a returned missionary. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete