Wednesday, February 18, 2009

New Beginnings

Phew. New Beginnings is over. This means, because we have an awesome camp director, that things can calm down for a while. My pregnant body thinks this is a good idea! It'll get big again when morning sickness is over; perfect timing for me.
Our theme this year is "Treasure Seekers". We are seeking for the treasures in this year's theme of 1 Tim 4:12; word, conversation, charity, faith, purity. Danyelle started off our monthly Treasure Seekers night (from what I've heard it was GREAT, b/c I missed it while in Disneyland :() that will focus on one of those attributes each month. I feel that we definitely introduced the theme well! Check out these tables! (Thank you to Mom who lent me so many Treasure Chests!)
Oh, and Jason deserves many props for helping hang the flags from the ceiling. Have I mentioned that I am glad OTHERS are in charge of decorating...this stuff is so beyond me.
We also handed out necklaces with the year theme charm on them. We will be adding charms to these throughout the year for events like birthdays, camp, etc. I think they are super cute and were a really good price!
The best part of the evening was an awesome skit written by Erica. It was fun, funny and really got the theme and our point across. A HUGE THANK YOU to Amanda who gave us a Swiper at the last minute to put in the skit.
We received great feedback on the night and I am glad it's over.

4 comments:

  1. Your so great!!! It looks amazing Melinda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing and I'm glad it's over, too! Whew! Now a nice break 'til camp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Job! Everything looked amazing and I can only imagine all the work that went into such a lovely evening.

    ReplyDelete