Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

We had a wonderful long weekend together. I took way too many pictures of our fun.

Jason took Friday off - he had reached the use it or lose it stage of PTO - and he helped me deal with my third kidney stone in 3 weeks. We also got the brakes fixed on the van and bought a beautiful new (non-wool for my allergies) rug for the Family Room. It really adds some nice color to what had become just too tan.

Saturday morning we met up with my parents to fulfill Sara's 3 week long request. Sara wanted to go to IHOP with Grandma and Grandpa. The girls ate their weight and we all enjoyed the amazing balloon artist who was there. Wouldn't a balloon artist make for a great kids birthday party - especially one that can even make pandas?!

After breakfast, we packed up and met my parents for the most beautiful weather at the cabin. The girls did the zipline. Laura loved it and Sara endured.
I found a bleached out set of teeth while scoping out spots for a family photo that we'll do this fall. The girl were eerily fascinated by them and we even had to bring them home.
We made S'mores over the barbecue. And I think I may have found a new S'more favorite - Fudge stripe cookies! They were so good that we repeated the treat on Monday.
The girls spent a ton of time outside enjoying the sunshine and perfect temperatures. Jason played with them while my folks and I labored in giving the cabin a much needed deep clean.
After all the fun outside and her serious standing practice, Miss E herself required a deep clean in the (freshly bleached and cleaned) bathtub.
On Sunday, I endured. I did a crazy new treatment and passed my fourth kidney stone in 3 weeks. Let me just say that Jason is amazing and lemon juice is TART!!!

Monday I was wiped out. So instead of doing exciting plans of the cabin, neighborhood BBQ or trip to Topaz Mountain, we stayed home. Fortunately, Jason's good HS friend and his daughter (Sara's age) spent the day with us. The girls had a great time with their new friend and I recuperated - except for a serious floor cleaning that I had put off too long with the kidney stone. Oh, in the picture of the princesses, you can see the new rug on our floor!

3 comments:

  1. It was a heavenly weekend and exactly what we all needed! Hopefully it will be enough to tide us all over until we get to Disney!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Four kidney stones!! Mother Nature has a cruel sense of humor! At least the girls are darling and the rug looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a great weekend! I hope you don't have any more kidney stones for a while. I am glad that crazy solution works for you!

    ReplyDelete