Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Productive Yard Weekend

I was finally feeling better this weekend. So, Jason and I made hay, because who knows how long I'll be functional. We worked on the yard because we are afraid that winter may be just around the corner.

Friday, Jason took the day off. He and I got the gap between the bottom of the fence and the ground filled with landscape edging. The right tools made this much easier and go WAY faster than we anticipated; it only took us half the day. It also worked really well and we think the gravel will stay put in spite of much sliding and playing.

On Friday, we also disassembled the playset (2 big and 3 small pieces) to prep to move it back to the gravel. After a few phone calls, Jason rounded up a big group of guys to help us actually move those two huge pieces. It was moved, leveled and reassembled in a matter of minutes - we have wonderful friends! Then everyone hung out with the kids, played soccer, chatted and had a great time! This is just what we envisioned for the yard. Hooray! The hard work is paying some dividends other than just my health!
On Saturday early morning Jason and I waterproofed the playset. It dried remarkably quickly and went on easily, so while I learned how to work the riding lawnmower later that afternoon, Jason worked on final assembly. I lended my hand once I was done and it looks wonderful back there! And we are hoping the lawn where the playset used to live will recover quickly.
The yard finally feels amazing. There is tons of space to run and play without the fear of losing a ball, falling in the pond, stepping on yucky weeds, or wandering into the road. The play stuff is all together (though we are still lusting after a trampoline) and attracting the neighborhood. I love a full house. This feels GREAT!!

3 comments:

  1. Your yard IS fabulous. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought you were going to call us for help! I am glad that you were able to get it done. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It so nice not to have to try and mow around that playset. It's great to have everything in it's own place and having a park in your back yard is never something to complain about!

    ReplyDelete