Sunday, September 05, 2010

Words

Laura and Sara were major talkers at Eliza's age. Eliza appears to be a listener. In an effort to increase her vocabulary, I have relegated the binkies to the car, bed, and church. It seems to be working. She is combining words and adding new ones every day. Her most used new word is "boo" which means book.

Reading is definitely Eliza's favorite pastime! She will look at books by herself for 20 mins or more, but has to make sure to pull them all off the shelf so she can browse them all. Yes, I clean these up around 6 times per day, but she loves them so I don't mind!!
I am grateful that I am not the only reader in the house. Laura is wonderful to read to her sister. Eliza just revels in their time together and sits so still in Laura's lap. Laura seems to love it too.
And mommy - well, I'm thrilled to have another book lover in the house.

5 comments:

  1. Yay! Books are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that last picture of Laura and Eliza! So stinking cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's got to be a huge relief when you see your children loving books! Their futures expand so much when that happens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my book worms! And I'm so glad that Eliza is finally saying a bit more. Go Liza!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that picture of Laura and Eliza! It's fun that they can bond that way. Maybe they will stay close as sisters when they are older instead of fighting because they will have good memories of each other.

    ReplyDelete