Thursday, April 21, 2011

My Birfday

I'm a year older. And I felt surrounded by love this past week. Yep, I was super lucky and the celebrations spanned several days. I have really hit the age where presents are not so important; it's all about spending time with the people I love. That is my favorite birthday present and I got lots of that this year.

My girls took me out on Wednesday for some lovely party shopping and a delicious dinner. Karyn came over during the day that day and we did some crafting together - I don't get to do that kind of thing enough anymore because of all the kids, so it was an extra treat.
Thursday, Jason and I went to the Carl Bloch exhibit at BYU (I now want to travel to Denmark) and we went out for sushi. Thank you to my parents for watching the girlies so we could go and thoroughly enjoy ourselves.

Friday, Jason had the day off work (Spring Break for Laura) so we went to lunch with my parents. Then, Saturday my brother Danny and his family came into town from CA, and we had a big family party to celebrate mine and my sister's birthdays. It was the highlight of the week for me.
On my actual day the girls awakened me (I slept it until 9 - delicious) with much singing and breakfast in bed. Then I made a huge pasta salad and my brother's fam, my folks and our fam went for a picnic and hike up to Bridal Veil Falls. It was windy, but such a good time.
Thank you to everyone who spent time with me and made my birthday so special. Can it be my birthday again next week too??

PS: Jason's mom had me over the next weekend for a delicious (all my favorites) dinner and time spent together. A special bonus is that grandma great came over as requested by Laura.

4 comments:

  1. Happy, happy birthday my Love. You are the most amazing girl I have ever met and I am blessed to be married to you and to be able to spend the rest of forever with you. Thank you so much for being my best friend and teammate in the world! I couldn't love anyone more than I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, Happy Birthday to you!!! I hope you had a great day, because you deserve it. I'm glad you got to spend time with people you love! Thanks for being such a great friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you had such a happy time. P.S. your hair looks so cute like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! It sounds like it was everything wonderful!

    ReplyDelete