Monday, August 22, 2011

12 Feet of Curtains

I decided that I wanted floor to ceiling drapes in the living room. It was a HUGE project, as the ceilings in that room are 11 ft high. I used the fabric we had purchased for the sofa reupholstery project that we abandoned.
I did make the project a bit easier on myself by using pre-made draperies from IKEA as lining, though they did have to be extended to reach all the way to the floor. By lining thusly, I didn't have to measure and construct the hidden tabs I wanted, but I still got my perfectly coordinated fabric and custom length.
Jason was a wonderful help through all of this. He helped me deal with the massive amounts of fabric as I sewed, measure and cut the fabric, and he hung hardware.

I adore the result! It draws my eye to the high ceilings and balances out the interest that is on the other walls of the room! YAY, only pillows and cabinet painting left.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, such talent you have!!! I just think I would be way to intimidated to even try!! You're awesome, and the room looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They really do look AMAZING and they actually make the room feel bigger, however that works. It was a HUGE project with an incredible result. Way to go, Babe and fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! They really coordinate nicely with your chairs. It is tough to work with that much fabric - arrgh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic job! Whew.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You got those done fast! Looks great as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look lovely! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! They really add some pizazz to the room.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did an amazing Job....the room looks fantastic Candice oh...I mean Melinda!

    ReplyDelete