Monday, March 24, 2008

Catch Up

There are quite a few things that I have not posted about lately. So, here they all are in one big post.

Dinners
We had Jason's brother Todd and his family over for dinner the other night. Laura is great friends with his daughter, Rylie and they had a BLAST together. The meal was good and simple (recipe at bottom) and we all had a good time catching up.
We also had my nephew Mark (in college) and my parents over for Easter dinner. Laura enjoyed the experience of having a big guy around (I loved growing up with big brothers!) and they had a blast playing together.

Pictures
I got Sara's 9 month professional pictures taken . I was going to get pictures of Laura in her Ballet clothes at the same time, but she decided to run her face into the couch the day before, so we didn't do those. Next time for Laura. It was a good thing too, because the experience with Sara was not so fun. She is in Mommy mode and didn't do well when I set her down to take the pictures. But at least we got a couple decent ones.

Home Improvements
We have made some major progress on the house lately. We finished all the paint prep (SO MUCH CAULK) in the basement. So, we (or rather, Jason) used the paint sprayer this weekend and got all the primer and trim done. Wahoo...it's finally starting to look like a house down there. The next task will be to roll the ceilings and walls.

We also finished decorating our Master Bedroom. My goodness, dressy navy curtains were difficult to find. I love how the room turned out despite the delays. My favorite features are having a couch, my Japanese umbrella, and the huge picture frame filled with pictures of the girls.
Super Simple Ham Tetrazzini

1 lb spaghetti
2 Cups leftover ham (cut into bite-sized pieces)
1 Jar (16 oz) alfredo sauce
1 Cup milk
1 Tbsp Flour
1 Tbsp Cooking Sherry
1/3 Cup Parmesan Chesse (grated or shredded)

Preheat oven to 350. Cook spaghetti according to package minus 1 minute. Drain. Pour alfredo into pasta pot over medium heat. Dump flour then milk and sherry into alfredo jar, shake to combine and add to sauce. Once sauce is bubbling add meat and noodles. Mix to combine. Pour Mixture into casserole dish and top with Parmesan. Bake for 20 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Your room looks good, I need to see it in person. And I can't wait to see the progress on the basement. I love the dress you have Sara in for pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bedroom looks great! Nice job you have done from one room to another. The house looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete