Friday, April 18, 2008

Birthday Festivities

I had a most wonderful birthday this year. Thanks to everyone for the phone calls, cards and love I got shown on my birthday!

The celebrating began on Monday when Jason and I got a REAL DATE. Thank you so much to my parents for watching the girls for us! We went out to our favorite restaurant for dinner (Caffe Molise, of course) where we ate amazing food. Then it was off to the Jazz vs. Houston game where we cheered our guts out. But my favorite part of the evening was just walking around the city holding my hubby's hand without having to worry about anything! For some reason I didn't take any pictures of the evening, but here is a picture of Laura impersonating Kyle Korver.
Then on my actual birthday, Jason stayed home all day - a major gift and one of my favorites. It began at the doctor's office where Sara was diagnosed with dual ear infections. Bummer, but at least there was a quick end in sight with the beauty of antibiotics. We did have some fun that day, however. We went out to lunch at Sweet Tomatoes (the girls eat amazingly well there) with my folks and I got to open presents from them and Jason and Laura.

I got totally spoiled this year! My folks gave me the best surprise this year in a new set of red dishes for my kitchen. I have a real weakness for dishes. Are they not so fabulous?!
Jason got me all dolled up in a new pair of jeans, red Vans and beautiful diamond earrings. Here we are showing off some of the goods. Yes, he spoiled me rotten! Thanks, baby!


Laura had a grand time helping me open every gift, doing heavy hang over, and giving me her "very own present from me and Sara." She gave me a little band for my thumb. But my best gift from Laura was all the singing. It began first thing in the morning and went until she went to bed. I loved seeing her and getting little primary birthday songs at each turn. Man, everything is better with kids!
Today the girls and I went to lunch with all the girls in the family who were in town to celebrate mine and my sister Tana's birthdays. This is one of my favorite traditions of all time. I love being able to be with just the women in my family and chat, laugh and eat. Aren't they all just so beautiful?!

5 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! Sounds like you had a great one.

    By the way, thank you for your comment on the pictures on Lucy's blog. I' a total hack at photography, but I would be more than happy to show you anything I know. We should get Sara and Lucy together at some point anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You had one wonderful birthday. I am so happy to see the great pictures of one very special day. You made out with some great gifts which you most certainly deserve and will enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the red dishes and the red vans. It looks like it was a wonderful birthday, and I can't wait to celebrate it with you this Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday my gorgeous girl. Our REAL date was amazing and I love spending time w/my perfect girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a lot of fun! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete