Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Bits of Happiness

I have had many causes to grin lately! One of the biggest was that I got a "Just Because" package from Steph! It was a big box filled with fun pens. She and I have been giving each other goofy pens for so long that I shouldn't admit it here. Laura and I loved going through all of them together and smiling with each new discovery. I think this one was my favorite! Thank you, Steph! Each time I grab one to jot something down, it makes me happy all over again.
Another thing that makes me smile is looking at my freshly pedicured toes. I was finally able to take my sister Tana out for some long overdue pampering. We had worked so much together on my house that a little luxury was in order. I loved being able to chat and catch up with her.
And, of course, my family makes me smile every day. One of my favorite games to play is: "Who has been by the buffet?" I don't know if Jason and Laura know what kind of entertainment they are providing me, but each time I walk by the buffet in the entryway, I look to see who has been by most recently. They are so cute and funny. The battle of the handles is on at our house!
The final thing that makes me grin uncontrollably is Sara's Pavlovian response to the question, "How big is Sara?" I just can't help but ask that question regularly in order to get this response. Sara could not be cuter.
Laura used to do the "so big" maneuver as a tiny person as well. Wasn't she just adorable, too? I think the memory of her might be a part of why I love this silly game so much.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my holy cute pictures of our two girls. I love how "big" they are!

    And I had no idea that the buffet handle battle was something that gave you so much joy. That makes me happy!!!

    I love my girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I love this game too! Keslie even did it!! Too fun. I love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the post. The matching pictures of Laura and Sara are so cute. And the game at the buffet is priceless.

    ReplyDelete