Wednesday, January 06, 2010

New Year's Eve

I realized a few days before that we had no New Year's Eve plans. So, I called Andrea and we made super casual plans for the night. They came over at 8:00 pm and we all ate pizza and soda and played games until midnight. It turned out wonderfully. I did make another Buttermilk pie for the night because I couldn't stop thinking about the one from Christmas Eve.
I had a very simple craft for the kids to do. They made New Year's Hats. It took them quite a while and they all were very proud of their work which I think makes for a successful activity. Aren't they all so cute?! (Unfortunately, I took the picture before Ashton had put "Captain" on his hat)
We then played the Wii and the kids played downstairs some until we banged on pans to wake up the neighbors - I mean ring in the new year. Yes, all of the kids made it until midnight! It was great fun to be with Andrea, Mike and Family. Thanks for coming over and helping start our new year off right!

2 comments:

  1. I so wish I had been here to spend New Years Eve with you!

    Maybe next year we can stay home for Christmas and I can come play with you. It looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete