Monday, November 01, 2010

Halloween 2010

Halloween was big for us this year. Something about it being on a Sunday really extends the celebrations. Laura woke up super early for me to paint her face, curl her hair, get dressed up, apply her temporary tattoos, and get her completely gliterriffic for school. She was an awesome Rock and Roll Fairy. And, I just love those shoes!
As one of the room moms for Laura's class I was able to participate in her Halloween party. THANK YOU to my mom and dad for watching the little girls for hours so I could go! I was in charge of the Halloween Bingo game. It took a lot of time and I lost my voice as Bingo caller. The kids got sugared up on candy corn and won candy prizes. It seemed to be a good success - the kids seemed to have a great time. And I loved watching Laura in the parade and in her classroom. Honestly, I think she is amazing and so darn cute!
First thing Saturday morning, we worked on our Trick or Treating bags. They were easy to carry and stickers and glow in the dark paint made the names fun!
Then we got ready for trick or treating in the rain. I took these pictures of the girls BEFORE the event. I think they just looked so adorable! Yep, we had a Minnie Mouse, Alice (from Wonderland) and a Rock and Roll Fairy this year!
Trick or treating was a serious adventure in the serious downpour. Eliza only lasted a few houses, but the big girls went around the entire neighborhood. Yes, Daddy was a serious trooper along with Jacob and Ephraim's daddy. We put ponchos on the little ones and Laura carried her school umbrella. However, they were all drenched from the knees down when they came back from their adventure and quickly got stripped and warmed up. It was a "memorable" trick-or-treating.

2 comments:

  1. Trick or treating was so fun this year! I love watching how much the girls love the fun holidays in their lives. It will only get better from here!!!

    Love you girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for helpful Daddies!

    Thanks for letting up tag along. You guys are tons of fun and I enjoyed chatting with you!

    ReplyDelete