Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Cold Time at the Zoo

We spent an hour and a half at the zoo on Saturday morning while Jason helped some friends move. It was freezing, but amazing. I bundled up the girls and we just had the best time. I think we only saw 8 other people there.
They had just fed all the apes and they were inside so we were warm. Eliza loved getting to know Acara as she ate her lunch of pinecones. Yes, the chimpanzee fully waved and put her hand up to the girls. So sad that I left my camera outside with the stroller.

I have never seen all the big cats so active. We got to know a snow leopard, siberian lynx, cheetah, and tigers all very well as they came very close and were fun to watch move and prowl.
If you have an annual pass, I must recommend a quick trip to the zoo around 10 am one cold morning. It was a totally new and totally awesome experience!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you girls had such a great time. It seems like we've seen the most interesting animals there when it's cold!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for being such a great Mom and spending time with the girls doing such fun things!

    ReplyDelete