Thursday, December 16, 2010

Homey Christmas

Christmas was feeling a little "purchased" so far this year. So, I needed to make things feel a bit more homey. Other than piles of baking (cookies, bread, etc) which always helps that homey feeling, I decided to do a few crafty things. Amazing, I know.

Fortunately, my friend Steph came over the other day and I asked her to teach us all how to cut gorgeous snowflakes. Though I initially thought to hang them in front of mirrors around the house. I ended up putting them in front of the windows in the Family Room. (And this inspired me to clean all the curtains in the house...dryel worked beautifully, btw.)
I was also inspired by my friend Christy and the way she displays the Christmas Cards in her house. I did my version of it and hope to be crafty enough next year to make these clips to display the cards instead of just using curling ribbon.
Finally, we did our neighbor gifts and instead of just cutting squares for our note, I actually made a cute tag. Yes, I did a paper craft; are you sitting down yet?! They are a little less racy this year than last. And I was able to use them as cute tags on teacher gifts (bread and gift cards) with the saying "Thank you for helping me measure up to my potential." I'm glad I bought so many measuring spoons and cups when I found them on sale!
Now, if only I can get an advent calendar done in time for next year's Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. Go Melinda! You are more crafty than you think! Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the neighbor gifts -- what a great idea, and I'm really happy to be counted as your neighbor. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete