Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day 2011

Valentine's Day began with baskets of little treats for the little girls! Just a few little things always make the morning special.
Sara's favorites in her basket were the paper and stickers. She used up all her stickers in just one day. They made the trip to the doctor (stinking croup) a lot more tolerable.
Laura's favorite was the fingernail polish. It changes colors in the sunlight. Way cool!
As expected, Eliza's favorite was the chocolate. Specifically, she loved the Dove Dark Chocolate. Yep, the 18 month old definitely prefers dark chocolate over any other candy and it shows...all over her face.
All the girls were particularly into the light up spinners. They love to look at them in the stores at Disneyland, so I was pretty sure they'd be a big hit at home. They've been great fun.
My special prize was that Jason stayed home from work to help me with sick kiddos so I could still do Laura's class party. I love being Room Mom. Other than passing out valentines at the party, we had 4 stations: 1. Lip Suckers 2. Conversation Heart Stacking 3. Word Search 4. Heart Walk (like a cake walk, but with actions that Laura made up for me).

I was so late - only 5 minutes early instead of the 15 that I usually am - for the event (running from Visiting Teaching and the doctor's office) that I forgot my camera. However, here is a picture of Laura with the lip sucker.
I wasn't able to make it to Steph's valentine exchange this year because we had a family viewing to attend that same night. But, I made great use of my idea and all the valentines I had made already by passing them out to each of the girls' teachers, my visiting teach-ees, and some of my girlfriends.
I had really wanted to make fondue for dinner that night, but it just didn't happen. We delivered all the out of school friend valentines, grandparent, and cousin valentines instead. At least I tried out the heart hairdo shown to me by my neighbor.
Oh, Jason and I celebrated by going out for sushi on Wednesday. Also, he is giving me a washing machine and I am giving him a gas dryer. Romantic, aren't we?! However, I love him dearly. Happy Valentine's Day!!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my it looks like it was so much fun! I miss those types of Valentine's day. Where they're all about any kind of love, and they're just fun! My valentine's consisted of laundry and writing a Shakespeare paper. Yours looked like a blast :)
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That hairdo is so cute!!!!! did you braid two braids and then flip it up through to make the heart! I love it! Everything looked perfectly lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looked like so much fun! my valentines day wasn't really much out the ordinary but pink rice! i hope you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a great Valentine's Day. I was surrounded by the most beautiful and amazing women in the world. What more could a guy want? :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Eliza's chocolate face, Laura's sucker lips and Sara's cute hair!

    Glad you had a fun Valentine's. Sometimes practical gifts are nice too, at least I think so!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE Sara's hair! I love the Valentine's baskets. I need to better at that! I am always so busy trying to get Valentine's done for school that I don't get much done for my family. What a slacker I am! Thanks for the gift. I love you too!

    ReplyDelete