Saturday, June 11, 2011

Laura's Piano Recital: Spring 2011

Laura had her spring piano recital the same day as Sara's birthday party. She has now been taking piano a year and 4 months. Piano is still one of her favorite things. I never need to nag her to practice and therefore, she has progressed at an amazing rate. Oh, and have I mentioned that when she plays, she does it with feeling, pizzazz, movement, and usually singing?!
She played the songs:The Juggler, I've Got Music, and I'm Trying to be Like Jesus. She literally brought the house down when she played and sang I've Got Music. We received many compliments on her playing! Yep, we left with big heads and bigger grins.

She was fortunate to have lots of support at her concert: our little family, both sets of Grandparents, and even Creed.

2 comments:

  1. How I wish I had not quit piano when I was young! You go Laura!

    p.s. I love that you used the word pizzazz :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She did SUCH an AMAZING job. I'm so proud of her and I'm so glad that she's already found out what she loves to do at such a young age. It may change later, which is just fine with us. But for now she is absolutely loving the piano, singing, and performing. You go, Laura girl!!!

    ReplyDelete