Thursday, June 23, 2011

Sewing Skirts

I have had the most horrible time finding skirts for my girls. They are just too short/sheer/immodest for my taste. Oh, and I've had a rough time finding coordinating outfits for all 3 girls now that they are such a range of sizes. So, I decided I better start sewing.
I used this pattern, and with some help from a really good seamstress in my ward as well as extra help from Deb, and better tutorial advise from JK Made, I succeeded. Then I got fast - because I knew what I was doing and Jason surprised me with a serger! So I made a few more. It was also a great way to distract myself from the histamine induced stupor of pain I'm living in right now.
The girls will be wearing their coordinating skirts in our family pictures that we are having taken on Saturday. I made the two skirts pictured above from fabric that the girls picked on their own at Hobby Lobby. Don't these fabrics just reflect each of them?!

6 comments:

  1. What beauties - skirts and girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I am impressed! I sent you some cute ideas for Disney outfits for Disneyland too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are awesome! Look at you go. That is awesome that you got a serger! Isn't it nice to be able to make clothes that are actually modest!

    I am glad that we could figure out that pattern and my sister's tutorials were helpful. I can't wait to make some cute skirts for Amelia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. I love the way the fabric choices turned out! They are SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your girls are so cute, and so are their skirts. Now we need to have a girls night where you teach us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome job! The skirts are beautiful. You continually amaze me. I LOVED the Minnie skirts today. The bows in Eliza's hair were adorable too. HA! HA!

    ReplyDelete