Sunday, June 05, 2011

Paint Party Preparations

Sara has been asking for a "paint party" for her birthday for nearly a year. So, I was able to prepare early - and she helped me every step of the way. She helped me design her invitation and hand them out to her friends. I thought it would be fun for the kids to be able to color their own invitations to really get them in the mood for the theme of the party.

She helped me go shopping for all of the supplies for the party - which we naturally did weeks in advance in case we had to order anything online. (We didn't have to order thanks to Hobby Lobby.) The day before her party she helped me find, select, and apply all the stickers for the paint (goodie) buckets.
That's mostly where her help ended. The night before the party Jason helped me personalize the aprons for the kids. Thanks to the cricut (which made me individualized stencils) and crayola fabric markers, the process was pretty easy. I loved how they turned out!
The food preparations weren't too bad either. I thought it would be fun if the kids could create their own pita pizzas; and I thought the adults would enjoy them too. With a lot of help from Costco and the grocery store those were easy. We cooked the pizzas at 450 degrees for 5 minutes, if you want to try this at home.
Cutting the fruit was probably the worst part of all the prep. Sara requested watermelon (and that is mostly what she ate) so we had to oblige and Jason was a good sport to cut it all for her. As for drinks, we had a large selection of sodas, chocolate milk and Capri Suns. I also made sour cream chocolate cupcakes at the request of the birthday girl.
To see more about the paint party and another version click HERE and HERE.

5 comments:

  1. Wow Melinda. You should be a professional party planner. This looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was SOO much fun. I'm excited for the post about the actual party (this is just the "prep" post). The kids and adults LOVED it! The best 4 year old birthday party I've ever been to. Great, amazing, and incredible work, Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun is this!?!
    On an unrelated note, I had a dream the other night that I was throwing your girls a Minnie Mouse party. Not really sure where that came from, but it seemed like they had fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is so cute! I'm sure that Sara loved it and I'm jealous that I miss out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You seriously throw the best parties! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete