Monday, April 01, 2013

Good Friday

It's amazing how much we can get done when Jason doesn't have work and I'm not passing a kidney stone!  Eliza kept smacking herself on her iron scroll daybed, and her blackout roller shade fell down.  We were not sleeping, so we had to do something.

We bought Laura a queen mattress set that she can take with her when she leaves the house.  (Amazing deal and great mattress HERE)  Eliza got Laura's old full/double set.  However, poor Eliza didn't have anything to go with her new bed.

So, we bought a quilt at Kohls - we had a 30% off coupon.  Then we found coordinating fabric and built her a headboard but we did it more cheaply with inexpensive foam and more easily by doing just a simple rectangle.  Building the headboard and buying the quilt set also enabled us to infuse the room with pink (her favorite color) without having to paint like we did for Sara.  (Stupid latex allergy, and I still love having my youngest in a "great green room")  With my parents help, and not counting shopping time, the whole project cost around $60 and 2 hours of work.  Eliza says it is pretty and comfy!!
I still haven't made the coordinating curtains, but I love how it's all coming together.  We all love the increased comfort and sleep.  Now, if only I could find the energy to paint my own bedroom and make master bathroom curtains...someday.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I love it!! That is so nice when you can get something done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so crazy how much the girls are growing up. Having Eliza in a true big girl bed has been almost more than I can bear! But it looks amazing and the headboard turned out perfectly. And she loves it. That's really all that matters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great ideas and decorating....Lucky Eliza!

    ReplyDelete