Monday, June 12, 2006

Party Time / Productive Time

Party Time
We had a fun and busy weekend this weekend. Some of Jason's friends came over on Friday and we had a barbecue. It was great to watch Jason with his old guy friends. They have been friends so long that they are loud and comfortable. It makes me super happy!
We had prepared for the evening by hanging a baby swing on the swingset for the little munchkins who were coming, and buying an awesome picnic table to seat everyone outside. Alas, it rained. Fortunately, the girls seemed to find something else to play with other than the swingset.After playing with Jason and watching princess movies together in preparation for the trip, I think they totally bonded. Aren't they just darling?!
Productive Time
We also decided to paint our interior railing this weekend. It has been bothering me ever since we got the wood floor in. I think poor Jason finally got sick of me complaining about it, put off the other tasks he wanted to complete, and helped me paint the railng. Here it is outside ready for the paint.After 6 cans of spray paint (I didn't think it would take nearly that much) and numb fingers (from pushing the trigger) it got painted. I love how it turned out. It matches the floor much better now, in my opinion. Laura is just grateful that it's still made of metal and can be used for letter arrangements.

2 comments:

  1. LOVING the metal with the wood!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good. Something we should consider. Really, you need to stop the projects. Your making the rest of us look bad.

    ReplyDelete