Monday, October 02, 2006

Conference Epiphany

So I love our little Laura girl. Even though she didn't seem to be listening to conference and was instead running around, playing with bricks, playing on the computer, and talking to us, something must have snuck in. We decided to go to lunch in between sessions. Melinda was outside talking to Mom F and Laura and I were in the car chatting. Here's how our conversation went:

Jason: Hey Laura, I'm going to test to see how smart you are
Laura: OK
Jason: Who do I love?
Laura: Me and mommy
Jason: That's right! You are the smartest girl in the world
PAUSE
Laura: Daddy, I want to see how smart you are
Jason: OK
Laura: Ask me who I love
Jason: Who do you love?
Laura: Guess...
Jason: Mommy? (Laura nods) Grandma? (Laura nods) Grandpa? (Again, nods) Daddy (nods)
Laura: Daddy, guess who I love the very mostest?!
Jason: (Hopefully...) Daddy?
Laura: Nope...(Dangit...)
Jason: Mommy?
Laura: Nope
Jason: Grandma?
Laura: Nope
Jason: Grandpa? (becoming suddenly interested in what the answer was going to be)
Laura: Nope
Jason: (Now very confused and bewildered...thinking...thinking...) Jesus?
Laura: YEP!!
Then later that night she went with mom and Grandma Fitzgerald to a signing by Liz Lemon Swindle who painted a picture of Jesus that we have hanging in our house. Apparently when Laura met her, she said: "Are you the lady that painted Jesus?" Then she decided that she was going to paint Jesus. She also learned the word "apostle" and informed Melinda that Jesus' mommy is named Mary. Btw, the painting below, according to Laura is "My Jesus." She was so darn cute that Liz Lemon Swindle remembered Laura's name even signed a postcard specifically to Laura.

No comments:

Post a Comment