Thursday, October 12, 2006

Sleep? Who Needs Sleep?

Ever since Laura had to give up her binkys, she's had a hard time sleeping past 7:00 am. She's been coming into our room around 6:30 or 7:00 for the past few mornings and always wants the same thing. "I just want someone to play with me". It's a good thing she takes after her mom and is such a cute little nerd. Every once in a while, something that seems to be irksome turns out to be a "proud parent" moment. So please excuse me while I brag.
Tuesday morning she came in after Melinda had left to go walking with her friend, Karyn, and was FREEZING. She wanted to go down and play on the computer, so I told her she had to lay in bed with me and snuggle for 2 minutes to warm up before we went down.

Laura: 1....2....Done.
Jason: No Laura. Two minutes, not two seconds
Laura: Well how long is two minutes
Jason: Well, we have to count to 60 two times.
Laura: Ok. (Counts to 20 and pauses)
Jason: (Just for fun) 21...
Laura: (Counts from 21 to 29 and pauses)
Jason: 30.
Laura: (Counts from 31 to 39 and stops, looking at Daddy)
Jason: (Now very proud of our little Smidge) 40?
Laura: (Counts from 41 to 49)
Jason: 50
Laura: (Counts from 51 to 59)
Jason: 60!!! Nice work, Laura. What number were we counting to?
Laura: 60! We did it! YAY! Now can I go play on the computer?

So she was basically placating me so she could get what she really wanted; the computer. But I'll take my little moments with my girl anytime I can get them.

No comments:

Post a Comment