Thursday, December 20, 2007

Grandma Jo

Wednesday night we lost Grandma Jo (Jason's maternal grandma) to a better place. We were very fortunate to have been able to see her twice in the week before she passed. It was a very spiritual experience to be with her at the very end. It was one of those moments that truly strengthened my faith in our Savior and the plan of salvation. Jason gave her a beautiful blessing on Wednesday night and we were grateful to say goodbye to her.

I cannot give nearly as beautiful a tribute to Grandma as did Jason's mom in this post or this post. However, I must say that she was an exceptionally kind, compassionate and spiritual woman. She made me feel so loved and welcomed into Jason's family; something I will always be grateful for. Seeing Grandma at family parties was always a highlight for me. Here Jason and I are with her at Christmas last year - 2006.
Also, she and Laura always had a very special bond. Here is Grandma and Laura doing "noggin noggin" when Laura was tiny.
We will miss Grandma, but are thankful that she is back with Grandpa and is healthy again! We love you, Grandma Jo!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for your pictures and comments about Grandma Jo...it really means so much to me.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete