Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Old Traditions

This Christmas was filled with many of our favorite old traditions. It began a while ago with Jason's family's candle lighting ceremony. We weren't able to stay long because it occurred the day after we moved and we were still fighting illness, but it was wonderful to look back at all our blessings this year with his family. You can read more about it in J's dad's post.
Then we got to go to my family's Christmas party. At this party we eat soup (I brought my tortilla soup this year) and exchange $5 gifts (drawn names) . It is amazing what people can find for $5. Sara enjoyed her first chance at opening a gift. Laura loved opening her first present of the season. And both girls loved playing with cousins...look at Sara's face as she interacted with her cousin Alex (final pic)!
We also got to do all the traditional Christmas day and eve activities. Laura left out homemade cookies, a carrot and milk for Santa on the new hearth. And we all just adored opening gifts in the morning. Laura got us up at 7:00 and you can see some sleepy faces!
Laura received her Princess Wii game from Santa and a digital camera as well as other small items (mostly crafting supplies) from Mom and Dad. Sara received her Laura requested baby food from Santa and a shape sorter and singing hippo from Mom and Dad. Jason got a grill that works with natural gas, a Wii game with it's corresponding gun and a wireless router so he could hook the Wii up to the internet. Though I think Jason's favorite present was the nose (a picture Laura drew of her own nose) from Laura. I received a Digital Picture frame and a cordless dustbuster (something I have been wanting for years).
Christmas day ended with a traditional (easy and yummy) dinner that my mom makes for all of us at her house. My sibs and I went in on a digital frame for my parents as well and we gave it to them at this time. I had preloaded it with pics sent by my sibs and we all (particularly my parents...phew success) enjoyed sitting around watching the frame. Sara was remarkably good there for having so many crazy days in a row. And Laura thoroughly enjoyed herself playing with her cousin Kiki. (Btw, I think Jason looks so CUTE in this picture!)
How I love the old traditions! Stay tuned for a post on the new traditions...

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog...I had such a wonderful time looking at my adorable family and reading all the great updates...Love you all! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day. It looks like you got to do some great things with your families.

    ReplyDelete