Thursday, August 07, 2008

Summertime, And The Living Is ...

Messy. Yep, we have had a great time getting into big messes the past couple of days at our house. It began when Sara decided to dump an entire movie sized box of Nerds onto the kitchen floor. The girls then rolled around in them. And, yes, despite a thorough floor cleaning, we are still finding them days later.
Today was the best messy day of all, however. It began when Laura wanted to play with chalk outside. Then Robin from across the street brought her little girls and finger paints over to join in the fun. And, oh my, it was a lot of fun!


Sara liked the mud the best.

And yes, the Mom's got in on the act too. My back was covered in green handprints.

Then Deb's boy Jacob came over to play and also got in on the act.

But, could Laura let it stop there? Oh no! She had to play in the water as I cleaned off the porch and then in the muddy water in our neighbor's flooded back yard. Yes, she is in the tub for the second time today. But, isn't outside and messes what summer is all about? How can you say no? I know I can't!

6 comments:

  1. That Sara makes one cute little mud baby! And did I mention that I LOVE the ladybug boots? Super cute!

    Sounds like you had an artfully messy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids are so cute!! It looks like you rolled with the punches today - what a good mom. Note to self - try harder to let things go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the messes! They look like they are having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so brave! I need to be more like you. What fun! Sara with the mud is pretty cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are the coolest mom ever! Thanks for letting our kids be kids and get messy and dirty. It's what makes being a kid the best time of your life! I love you, Babes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super memories! It's nice to get a little dirty sometimes and it looks like you all have a great day! Every kid needs a mom like you!

    ReplyDelete