Friday, August 22, 2008

Where Oh Where...

My blogging has dropped off dramatically lately. Wanna know why?
A pencil eraser? Yes, I passed one kidney stone the size of a pencil eraser and two smaller ones yesterday. The process was not so fast, but I am sure glad it's over.
I'm addicted to the Olympics. All my spare time is spent watching these and I seem to be getting very little sleep. Have I mentioned that I love our olympic athletes?! What awesome role models they are! Anyone else having this problem?

Finally, I just got called into the YW Presidency in our Ward. I am the first counselor. I'm a bit overwhelmed getting into the groove with this group and meeting all the girls. And, I have taught 2 of the last 3 Sundays and spoke in Sacrament Meeting the other Sunday. The girls are super awesome and I already love them, so I'm sure I'll get into the groove soon.

4 comments:

  1. We are truly addicted to the Olympics. We just can't stop, but can you think of a better way to spend an evening?

    And you are doing so AWESOME w/your new calling. You are the right woman for the job and I know you were called because you'll touch and bless the lives of those girls in a way no one else would be able to do.

    I love you Babes and am so proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have been very busy. I too, am totally addicted and totally lacing sleep because of the Olympics! So fun! Did you hear the Chinese might have to pass over the gold all around because some of their team is, in fact, 14 yrs old, NOT 16yrs old?! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dan & I love the olymipcs too and we are sad to see them coming to and end however, we have enjoyed every minute of all of sports that we had time to watch. What a wonderful time everyone has had watching these great events.
    Melinda you will do an awesome job in your new calling. The girls will love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh YW's!!! You are so great at it!!! I guess that is one plus about staying in the ward, I won't get called into YW's again.

    I'm glad I'm not the only one addicted to the Olympics. I stay up way to late watching them.

    Kidney stones - I don't know how you do it. I hope you feel better soon!!!

    Miss ya!!! Can't wait to get together.

    ReplyDelete