Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Busy-ness Before FUN

So, the crazy time continued after the Rodeo and Cabin trips. I had Bunco at my house (though Julie did the catering and prize buying) on Tuesday. So, I cleaned before the trip a day or two early and did a bit of decorating in the basement. Curtains were selected and hung, more light was added and we finally got some family pictures on the wall. I think it turned out nicely. What do you think?
Then on Wednesday, we had a HUGE garden party - that ended up being indoors due to inclement weather - for YW. I thought it looked nice, despite the indoor location. It was a great kickoff to the Personal Progress program for the year. We had the girls make origami flowers to tie the garden party theme in to Personal Progress. Naturally, I did the food for the party. Jason helped me grill 13 pounds of chicken which I cut up on Monday, and I prepped 12 heads of lettuce on Wednesday for a chicken ceasar salad. It turned out super yummy and well received. But, it sure took a lot of time!
Between the setup for the Garden Party and the actual activity. We squeezed in family haircuts with Julie. Look at Laura's new bangs!
In the meantime, I got everything prepped for the spontaneous trip (set out in the living room) and Jason packed it all while I was at YW. Guess where we went!!

7 comments:

  1. Yay! The happiest place on Earth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! Looks like a great activity. Love the room decor and wish we were having fun with you guys and all the Disney magic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your house looks beautiful as usual. Laura looks cute with bangs. I am glad that you were able to have a successful Young Womens activity. I am also glad that you got some family time in Disneyland. You certainly have been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The house looked great. I can't believe you did that all for the YW. What a cray woman you are!! I love the new bangs!! And I'm glad you had fun at Disney!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice curtains... cute photos!

    Next time I am SO stowing away in your van to go to Disneyland. I'll be so quiet you won't even know I'm there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay for family vacation! Your house looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your house looks fantastic! Great job...I know that all the details take planning and time to put it all together....nice work!

    Family trips are the best and it does not get better than Disneyland. We can't wait to go with you in October! We are counting the days...right Laura?

    ReplyDelete