Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Primary Program Princess

Laura's primary program was this past Sunday. She had a huge part in the program for such a little person. She gave a perfectly memorized two-minute talk (a copy is below) and sang the first verse and chorus of "I Am A Child of God" in a solo.

She started off the program and had the majority of the congregation (including both sets of grandparents who came to support her) in tears. To hear the perfect faith of my child on such big concepts (who we are, where we came from, and where we are going) was just amazing and certainly brought me to tears.

Laura did so well that I received many compliments on her clarity, memorization, and singing. I also received piles of questions on her age and responses of amazement when people realized that she was only 4 years old. Awesome job, Laura! You impress your mommy! I love you and your testimony so much!

(Laura wrote this talk almost completely by herself)
I am a Child of God and He has a plan for me. Heavenly Father’s plan for me is that I can return and live with Him and Jesus again in heaven.

My Grandma Jo just died not long ago. I was sad that she died. I will miss her. But I know that I will see her again. So I am not too sad. I know that she is in Heaven with Heavenly Father and Jesus. Someday I will live with Them again too.

The night she died I wanted to sing her a song to make her feel better. I chose a song to remind her of Heavenly Father’s plan. I wanted her to remember where she was going to go. The song I sang was “I am a Child of God”. I am going to sing it for you now.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that is so great! Good job Laura! :) I also love the red dress on her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so proud of you, my little Laura girl! Way to go my gorgeous, brilliant, tender, amazing little girl! Thanks for being mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Primary programs always make me cry because of such beautiful testimonies stated so simply and perfectly like that! You can tell she has good parents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you precious Laura for the amazing talk and song you shared with everyone on Sunday. You did a perfect job and left me in tears. Thank you for sharing your testimoy...I will never forget it! It was a perfect day!

    ReplyDelete