Monday, September 22, 2008

The Happiest Place On Earth

Finally, I am getting to the write-up on Disneyland. Yes, the schedule has been that crazy since we've been home. This was one of my best trips to Disneyland EVER. I mean, how lucky could I be to have my little family and my best girl friend and her son at Disneyland all together?!
Steph decided to accept our invitation and hop in the van and join us on our trip and it made it so much better. Check out the babies in the adorable shirts she made for them!
I think I am just going to let everyone list their favorites from this trip to do our summary.

Melinda (Me)
1. Babies who slept in the car and were so similar that they had the exact same schedule and same cries. The only difference was that Creed had no fear of characters and Sara had no fear of rides. The car ride was much better than expected. Also, I loved getting to know Creed so well.
2. Dream Fast Passes that we used on our own special adult night in the park thanks to Steph's awesome mother-in-law who watched sleeping kids for us. Between RideMax and the Dream Fast Passes we got on EVERYTHING that Friday. It could not have been a more perfect day.
3. Watching the girls as they soaked in all the excitement of Disney.
4. Time with my Family. I just can't get enough of time all together! It seems so scarce these days that I just reveled in the hours we spent together.

Jason
1. Watching the girls faces during the parades.
2. Snuggling and sleeping kiddos.
3. The Dream Fast Passes night with the adults and all the big rides.

Laura
1. The character breakfast again. Always a favorite.
2. A new treat (amazing chocolate cake with ganache, frosting, cake, fudge, brownie, whipped cream and a castle chocolate) that we found at a nice new lunch spot; Plaza Inn.
3. Bigger rides: she really enjoyed herself on Matterhorn and Big Thunder Mountain this time, and Soarin' is still her favorite ride.
4. The new Playhouse Disney Live On Stage show.

Sara
1. Riding on the Golden Zephyr and feeling the wind in her face.
2. Watching the Parades - my goodness those girls got a lot of attention and met lots of characters during them. Sara clapped and waved her little arms off. It was adorable.
3. Horses of any kind - though particularly those on the carousel.
4. Waiting for parades - dancing in the street and eating treats

Steph and Creed
1. I recommend reading her post about it HERE. Which is probably a better summary than mine. Aren't they adorable?!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I felt the excitement and magic of that trip!!! I love the pictures of your girls at the parade! I just get giddy watching them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You say Sara was excited about the carousel, but looking at Jason's face, I think he may be a bit more excited!

    Thanks for letting Steph and Creed have such a great time with you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute post!! I love the pictures of Sara at the end. She is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh mommy. I loved disneyland. love, laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just loved the pictures with the pure joy delight in the faces and in the eyes of those precious girls! That is really what Disneyland is all about! We are so excited about our trip which is just around the corner...let's pack everyone! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once again, you come to S. Cal and don't visit your brother. We would have even fed you Carne Asada tacos!

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete