Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Swimming Lessons

I've avoided swimming lessons for far too long, so I signed up the big girls for classes this year. Fortunately, the experience has not matched my vision (and memories of myself, siblings, nephews/neices) of screaming in terror and many tears. The girls take after their Daddy the fish - thank heavens - and are LOVING the lessons.

Sara is learning how to put her face in the water and blow bubbles, move her arms and legs, floating on her belly and back, and just get used to being in the water. She loves it. And her teacher also being named "Sara" is a wonderful bonus!


Laura is bobbing, floating, learning strokes for her arms and legs, and treading water. She also loves it and seems to have no fear - Phew!!


Eliza and I hang out on the side watching the girls, playing games and trying to stay cool in some shade. She also seems to enjoy herself.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that they are loving swimming lessons and that everyone is having a good time. Once they love to swim it'll really open up our vacation options!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! Swimming lessons can be so much fun! I am glad that your girls are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for swim lessons. I'm glad your girls are loving it.

    ReplyDelete