Monday, July 26, 2010

Treasure Hunt 2010

Well, apparently I'm not going to get my entire family reunion/vacation in one post, so I'll do it in batches! One of the biggest highlights of all the family getting together are the treasure hunts - see past ones here, here and here. We have done them forever and they are always fantastic. This year my parents went above and beyond with their pirate theme - costumes, bags, clues, everything was pirate-tastic! And they got almost all their 20 grandkids (and even some greats) to participate!
The wonderful traditional elements were there. There was candy to be found everywhere - loot bags were filled! And clues were read and followed.
My parents had the brilliant plan of pairing up an older kid with a younger one, so no one got left behind. It made it even more fun that way!
Sara and Kimberly
Laura and Demi
My folks also had a great time teasing the kids. Some of the prizes were skeleton hands, rats (very tasty according to Eliza), there was a fake treasure at the beach, they had to walk a plank and the kids were totally shocked by digging up a skeleton before they hit their actual treasure.

The adults had a great time following the kids, sneaking candy and taking pictures! SO MUCH FUN - thanks Mom and Dad for all your work; it was definitely a success!

2 comments:

  1. It was great! Good write-up about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun tradition! When I am a grandma, I hope I can do fun things like this for my grandkids!

    ReplyDelete