Thursday, July 29, 2010

Swim Ends for the Season

Swimming lessons are over and they were great! The big girls learned so much and had a great time. They both loved their teachers, Sara and Caity.
I adored seeing both of their little wet faces smiling at me over the side of the pool. And they loved spying Eliza and I watching them.
Sara was one of the best monkeys on the side - the only one in her class who would actually dance. And Laura was one of the best gliders in her class. They both were impressively fearless.
They also both loved playing in the circles. Ring around the rosey and a version of monkey and the middle were sung and played loudly.
They both passed their levels with flying colors. Naturally, we went for a treat to celebrate. Their request?? - dipped cones with Grandma and Grandpa of course!
Eliza was so good and tolerant of the swimming lessons. Her little face smiling at me through the heat and waiting was just magical. She also became insanely quick at grabbing my sunglasses.
We can't wait to do it all again next year!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that I got to go to at least one swim lesson. And I love Sara "groovin'" by the side of the pool. It's just so Sara!

    And they LOVED the water. Couldn't ask for more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that the girls are involved in so many fun activities! Thanks Melinda for your fearless effort in taking such great care of our grandchildren!!! We love you all!

    ReplyDelete