Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Father's Day 2012

Father's day started early and went all weekend (except for ballet time).  We worked really hard on spoiling!  Decorations (superhero theme) were up when Jason got home from work on Friday.
 The celebration began with some fabulous food - designer donuts and delicious ribs!  Yum!
The actual Father's day began with gifts that we wrapped the night before.  I had been purchasing little things for Jason for months.  He got clothes, shoes, etc.  The best gift I had worked on for ages.  I had Lisa take pictures of the girls with signs and then created a triptic for his office.  I love how it turned out!
After church, since we had been sick and Jason's dad can't be around illness right now, we had my folks over for dinner.  It was a wonderful joint BBQ of bacon wrapped filet, grilled pineapple, new potatoes, corn on the cob, and key lime pie.  Then the girls gave the men some questionnaires I helped them fill out - this was the highlight of the night with much laughter and some sentimentality.

5 comments:

  1. It was an AMAZING Father's Day! Thank you so much my Love for everything you did to make it such a special day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun, and super cute decorations!! I love the picture frame for Jason's work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jason you were treated so well...what a wonderful Father's Day! Melinda you are amazing from planning to all the decorations and yummy food. Thanks for spoiling my son on his special day! I love my family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great ideas! I think I'll steal some of them for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really went all out! Good thing Joe doesn't read your blog, or he might expect more!

    ReplyDelete