Sunday, June 17, 2012

Miss Provo Reunion

It all started when Provo City decided to remodel. Read about it here. I got contacted to give me my old picture of when I was Miss Provo. (For those who haven't heard, here's the info. Year: 1998-99, Talent: Ballet, Contenstants: 12, Platform: Eating Disorders Awareness, Organization: Miss America). After much discussion on where one puts a nearly life-sizedphoto of oneself in a crown (Jason wouldn't put it in his office and I wouldn't put it over the piano) it ended up in the unfinished basement under the stairs with all the other unused art and frames.
The pageant had a reunion. I couldn't attend the dinner - it was held on Sara's birthday. But, I did make it to the pageant itself after Sara's Mad Tea Party. The thought of this totally stressed me out even though I knew I was filler and I knew would only be onstage a short time with lots of other ladies. There was nervousness about the "formal/blingy" dress - I bought three before settling on this one. There was nervousness about size - I've had three kids since my reign, but my diet did me bring down to something I found acceptable. There was severe nervousness about finding a replacement babysitter last minute - thank you for saving me Danyelle and Diane!!
I was wrong to be nervous. It was WONDERFUL! Jason, Laura, and my folks came with me and were proud of me and so sweet. There were so many memories to relive! Laura learned that I used to be exceptional. The other former Miss Provos were wonderful as were the pageant organizers. I thoroughly enjoyed myself!

6 comments:

  1. It was so much fun to go back and re-live such an important part of your amazing life! You were BY FAR the most gorgeous and talented girl on that stage and I am lucky to have had the privilege to marry you. You are still incredibly exceptional and will continue to be until you die. I love you tons and tons and tons and am very, very proud of you. You were AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you look great!! I know it was stressful, but glad that you got to go, and remember how great you still are!!! None of this "I used to be exceptional". What an awesome woman you are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I back up Andrea. None of this used to be exceptional stuff. That was just ridiculous because you are exceptional now! You are an amazing, strong woman and mother. We've already talked about this!!! I am glad you had an enjoyable evening. You looked beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look bling-tastic! I am so glad that you had a great time, and I agree with everything Andrea and Karyn said. I think you are exceptional right now too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so fun to be with you and once again see you walk across the stage. What good memories! I burst with pride when I see what an amazing and beautiful woman you are, not only when you are dressed up so lovely, but even when you are in jeans and home with your sweet family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melinda we are so proud of all of your accomplishments! You are one amazing young woman and I am blessed to have you in our family. You look beautful in your new dress...great choice!

    ReplyDelete