Sunday, September 02, 2012

Eliza's "Bubbow Pawty"

Eliza watched the big party we had for Sara, and knew she needed to have one for her birthday. We decided on a bubble party and invited the grandparents! I took too many pictures of the big event.

We actually celebrated her birthday a day early because of all the family and wedding stuff that was happening on her actual day. She needed to have a day all about her and this way she did. It began with a new pink skirt that Mommy made! She adored twirling in it and requested I take pictures. I was happy to oblige.
Then, since she was a big girl now, she went out for her special time with my folks. They took her to Build-a-Bear and out to lunch. She was in heaven. She named her bear "Pink" and dressed it in minnie mouse ballet clothes. Anyone else seeing some themes here?!
Then it was on to party fun! She opened her presents from everyone. Sara selected a puzzle; Laura a baby, Grandma and Grandpa B. a doctors dressup from the Amazon list; Mommy and Daddy did books, soft blocks, and a new pink tricycle. Everything was custom and perfect for her!  She was utterly adorable closing her eyes and waiting for her big gift (the trike) to be brought out.
Eliza selected a dinner of noodles, salad, and bread. She has good taste. Then it was on to the bubbles. We stocked up on all sorts of supplies at the dollar store and the girls tried out all of them. It was a magnificent time!
After bubbles, Eliza had her "3 chocolate cupcakes" that I made mini just for her! She put in her own candles and made sure to show us (a very tricky maneuver) on her fingers that she was now three. She absolutely reveled in the singing attention and we sang to her several times.
I just couldn't believe how big she was through all of this. Fortunately, she still let me rock her that night as she helped me tell story of 'punzel and snuggled in as I recited "Good Night, Moon." I hope that nightly ritual stays around for a while longer and she doesn't grow up too fast.

4 comments:

  1. What a sweetheart she is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She absolutely ADORED her bubbow pawty. Thank you for putting it together for her, Love. She was in heaven!!!

    Happy Birthday my little E!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. It looks like everyone had a great time. What a fun day for her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun day! I can't believe your baby is three years old! She is looking so grown up all of the sudden.

    I love her cute skirt! What a fun and creative Mommy you are!

    ReplyDelete