Friday, November 09, 2007

A Swashbuckling Good Time

Jason and I actually took a night off from sweat equity (we are pretty much done with everything...only little things left) and celebrated our anniversary. We went to Ballet West's production of The Three Musketeers.

It was such a grand time. Jason and I both thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I must say to all women whose men don't enjoy the ballet, that this is a ballet for the guys! Break the boys in with this one.

I enjoyed the fact that I was seeing a ballet for the first time (a rarity for me), that the choreography was challenging, interesting and complex, and that the dancing was beautifully executed. Jason enjoyed the humor, swordfighting, excellent music, and his prior knowledge of the story. We both enjoyed the brand new set and costumes. But I think the best part was finally being able to spend a night together not in grubby clothing. Thank you to J's mom for watching Sara and to my parents for watching Laura so we could go.

Have I mentioned how perfectly season tickets to the ballet fall for our big occasions?! They are perfectly timed for our anniversary, Valentine's Day and my birthday. I am a lucky girl that my honey takes me to the ballet for all these occasions. Though, I think he is glad that I remembered to record the Jazz game that was on tonight as well. We take good care of each other.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice. It's good to know that there is a ballet out there that men may actually like. And how nice for you to see something that you haven't danced.

    ReplyDelete