Saturday, June 21, 2008

Ballerina Girl

Laura had her first formal dance performance tonight. She was a bunny in the ballet "Sleeping Beauty." She loved wearing a tutu, having her hair in a bun, and wearing bunny ears. Aren't she and Emma cute?!
We had two dress rehearsals earlier and most of my pictures are from that. But, here are some highlights of the bunny dance.

I bawled my eyes out (joined by my adorable parents) watching my little girl onstage and watching the rapture in her eyes as she watched the previous acts from my lap. Is she not the cutest little ballerina bunny ever?!
The performance itself was a bit of a bummer because somehow staging didn't work out as planned and a little girl from another class refused to hold Laura's hand as she was supposed to. (My little perfectionist had a rough time with that one.) Oh, and the performance took place significantly after her bedtime; she was yawning even before she went onstage. But, having both sets of her grandparents, her best budy Lily (thank you Karyn!), and her parents there cheering her on, as well as flowers and ice cream afterwards, seemed to make it great. Congratulations Laura!

7 comments:

  1. hi mommy i love the blog thank you for coming to my dance performance
    love
    laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, can Laura get any more adorable? She looks so cute in that tutu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. she really is so cute. She looks like a natural! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. E-mail me pictures when you get a chance. They are so cute. I have tears in my eyes. And thank you so much for everything (the phone call the other night, Emma loved it, taking her this year, and sharing make-up for pictures)!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura,
    I think you are the cutest bunny I have EVER seen in my life! You are my little sweet niece. I love you. aunt Keri
    You have such a great mommy to do these things for you. You are a lucky girl

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you took after her mommy and not your daddy. You have such great balance, thank goodness. And you really are the cutest little bunny I've ever seen in my life!!!

    I love you Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely a wonderful evening. Laura did such a great job dancing and loving every minute of her stage proformance! We loved watching that cute little bunny. What a charming girl! I wish I could have seen her mommy dance and I am sorry I missed out on that opportunity. Laura is in the same mold as Mom so that will work just fine!

    ReplyDelete