Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Homemade Bread from a DVD

My entire life, all my baking has been done from a box. But, recently, I learned how to make homemade bread. Yes, I bought a DVD to learn how. Pathetic, yes. Successful, also yes. I am now successfully making all kinds of bread-y things. (Thank you Karyn for turning me onto this system.) I've made loaves of white, wheat, and nine grain bread as well as breadsticks. Tonight I'll be trying pizza. Let's just say that I totally endorse the Pantry Secrets system for anyone wanting to save $$ and use their food storage. It's easy, fast, and turns out perfectly every time!
It feels great to be able to use my food storage and feel like I could do well in a real emergency. Laura is enjoying this as well. She is totally my little red hen helper. She helps grind the wheat and make the bread. Look at she and Lily helping me out!
It's great to have both my mom and Karyn into this system as well. Jason is being incredibly supportive and found us a smokin' deal on a new mixer. I can't wait for it to arrive. And thank you for the inspiration to work on things like this, Lisa! You rule, girl!

5 comments:

  1. Too funny! You've never even been to one of my classes! How could I have been inspirational to you? Ha! Good lookin' bread there, my friend. I may have to check out the Pantry Secrets! (Bread is not my forte, though I do make it often.) Hey, if you are going to be making a lot of bread, DON'T get a Kitchen Aid. A BOSCH is the only way to go! Worth it's weight in gold.

    Good luck!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh! I have a kitchenaid and I LOVE it! I love to make rolls with it. I don't have any wheat, but you can hook me up anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe one day you can turn me on to this. You're doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just tried the cinnamon twists last night and all I can say is sweet nectar! They were DELICIOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you say Yummy? Yikes I can almost smell homemade bread!

    ReplyDelete